Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
Publication of Examiner’s Report
Following a public hearing into the Oundle Neighbourhood Plan on 29th October (details below), the Examiner has now published his final report. This may be viewed through the link below:
This supersedes the Examiner’s earlier Interim Report, dated 13th December 2019.
Public hearing, 29th October 2019
A public hearing was held on 29th October 2019, to consider a range of issues that were raised since submission of the Oundle Neighbourhood Plan (May 2019). These are set out in the hearing agenda.
I held a public hearing on the 29th October. At the close of that I asked two of the parties, representing Persimmon and Gladman, to prepare a succinct summary of the legal arguments they made to me. That (joint) Opinion was duly sent to me and all the other parties (at the hearing) on 8th November, giving them till the 22nd November to respond. Two parties duly did - Oundle Town Council (OTC) and those representing Rose & Sons Properties. The OTC letter was subsequently corrected (omission of a word); it also contained an appendix (3) with material which appears to be new and so I have not taken that into account.
East Northamptonshire Council sent me a Position Statement dated 19th November in relation to planning applications in the plan area.
I have asked that all these documents be available on the websites.
I will now proceed to complete an Interim Report into the Examination in the next week. A draft copy will be sent to the two Councils for fact-checking (only) before it made public.
Appointment of Examiner
- Regulation 16 representations
- Summary of representations, presented to the Planning Policy Committee on 30 September 2019 [Item 7]
The Examiner is currently reviewing the submission documents, evidence base and representations from the recent 6-weeks Regulation 16 consultation (12 July – 27 August 2019, inclusive).
On 30 September the Examiner provided initial feedback, where he confirmed that the Oundle Neighbourhood Plan will be subject to a public hearing. This will be held in Victoria Hall, West Street, Oundle, PE8 4EJ, starting at 10:00am on Tuesday, 29 October 2019. Details of the proceedings are set out in the hearing agenda (link below).
The council has considered the Examiner’s initial feedback (30 September) and prepared a response to the initial points that the Examiner has raised.
The Examiner has followed this by the preparation of the following documents for the forthcoming hearing on 29 October:
Further documents may be published in due course, in response to any further points that the Examiner may raise.
Further information is available through Oundle Town Council's own Neighbourhood Plan website.
The "Regulation 16" Consultation
Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan under Regulation 15 represents the stage where Oundle Town Council and the appointed Neighbourhood Planning Group effectively “hands over the baton” for the neighbourhood development plan to the local planning authority.
East Northamptonshire Council run the six week consultation under Regulation 16 (12 July – 27 August 2019, inclusive), with reference to the “Basic Conditions” that the Neighbourhood Plan needs to meet. These require that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area;
- Doesn’t breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC; and that
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017 (SI 2017 No 1012) (d)), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
Further details regarding the consultation are set out in the statutory Regulation 16 Notice
We are currently rolling out the the Smart Survey consultation tool to manage this and future consultations. It is hoped that this will enable more efficient processing and management of representations. Please use the following link to submit your Regulation 16 consultation response:
If you have any queries regarding the Regulation 16 consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission of the Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
On 24 May 2019, Oundle Town Council wrote to East Northamptonshire Council, to formally submit the Oundle Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031 and supporting documents for examination, in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended. The submission documents, or ‘plan proposal’, consist of:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed neighbourhood development plan relates [bound within the submission version Oundle Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031];
- The Consultation Statement;
- The proposed neighbourhood development plan [submission version Oundle Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031];
- A statement (“Basic Conditions Statement”) explaining how the proposed neighbourhood development plan meets the requirements of paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
To comply with these and other statutory requirements, Oundle Town Council has submitted the following documents:
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan Maps
- Consultation Statement Appendix 1-3 and Appendix 4
- Basic Conditions Statement
The Town Council/ Neighbourhood Planning Group have also undertaken the necessary Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) screening, respectively required by the The Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004 (SI 2004 No 1633) and The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017 (SI 2017 No 1012). The outcome of these processes was that a full Sustainability Appraisal was required, although the HRA screening did fulfil the requirements of the 2017 Regulations. The SEA, HRA and Sustainability Appraisal documents are available through the following links:
- SEA, HRA and Equalities Impact Assessment (EIA) screening documents, with Environment Agency, Historic England and Natural England responses
- Sustainability Appraisal report, with appendices and responses from statutory consultees
On 9 July, we wrote to the Town Council, to confirm that the plan proposal complies with all of the relevant statutory requirements.
Regulation 14 Consultation
Between 9 April and 21 May 2018 inclusive, Oundle Town Council ran the “Regulation 14” (1st draft) version Oundle Neighbourhood Plan consultation. The findings of this are set out in the submission Consultation Statement.
Further details are available through the Town Council’s Neighbourhood Plan (Regulation 14 consultation) web page.
Designation of Neighbourhood Area
On 20 December 2012, East Northamptonshire Council received an application from Oundle Town Council for the designation of the whole of the Oundle Parish area as a Neighbourhood Plan area.
The application triggered a statutory consultation, inviting comments about whether the proposed boundary for Oundle was considered suitable for carrying out neighbourhood planning. This took place over 6 weeks, from 18 February – 1 April 2013 inclusive. Comments received were considered by the Planning Policy Committee on 17 June 2013, who endorsed the designation of Oundle Parish as a Neighbourhood Plan area.
"Regulation 7" Notice (Formal Neighbourhood Plan area designation notice)
For general queries regarding neighbourhood planning please contact the planning policy team on 01832 742010
- Neighbourhood Planning in East Northamptonshire
- Key Stages to Neighbourhood Planning
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan
- Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan (you are here)
- Raunds Neighbourhood Plan
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- Irthlingborough Neighbourhood Plan
- Stanwick Neighbourhood Plan
- Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan
- Brigstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Deene and Deenethorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan
- Regulation 16 Consultations
- Collyweston Neighbourhood Plan
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
- Duddington with Fineshade Neighbourhood Plan
- Warmington Neighbourhood Plan
- Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan
- Twywell Neighbourhood Plan
- Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan
- Great Addington Neighbourhood Plan
- Position Statement –Oundle Neighbourhood Plan Examination