Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan
Neighbourhood Plan 'Made'
The Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan was formally adopted ('made') on the 11th April 2016 at Full Council after the plan was agreed at Planning Policy Committee (agenda item 5). It now forms a part of the development plan for the area and will be used to assist in the determination of planning applications.
A referendum relating to the Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan was held on Thursday 18th February 2016.
The question asked was;
"Do you want East Northamptonshire Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Higham Ferrers to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Plan Area?"
The Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan received a majority 'Yes' vote in favour of this question. The official declaration of results and referendum documents can be view below;
- Declaration of Result
Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan - Report of Examination (report of the independent examiner)
The “Regulation 16” consultation
The consultation closed on 17 August 2015; representations received are available to view at the following page:
On 18 December 2012, East Northamptonshire Council received an application from Higham Ferrers Town Council for the designation of the whole of the Higham Ferrers Parish area as a Neighbourhood Plan area.
Designation of the Neighbourhood Area for Higham Ferrers was initially approved on 17 June 2013. The Neighbourhood Area was subsequently revised, to take account of changes to the parish boundary which came into effect on 15 October 2014 under the recent Parish Review. The revised Neighbourhood Area was approved by East Northamptonshire Council on 10 December 2014.
For general queries regarding neighbourhood planning please contact the planning policy team on 01832 742010
- Neighbourhood Planning in East Northamptonshire
- Key Stages to Neighbourhood Planning
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan
- Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan (you are here)
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
- Raunds Neighbourhood Plan
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- Irthlingborough Neighbourhood Plan
- Stanwick Neighbourhood Plan
- Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan
- Brigstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Deene and Deenethorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan
- Regulation 16 Consultations
- Collyweston Neighbourhood Plan
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
- Duddington with Fineshade Neighbourhood Plan
- Warmington Neighbourhood Plan
- Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan
- Twywell Neighbourhood Plan