Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan
Latest Stage: Neighbourhood Plan 'Made'
The Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2031 will be formally adopted ('made') by the Full Council on 17 July 2017. It now forms a part of the development plan for the area and from hereon will be used to assist in the determination of planning applications.
Previous Stages: Referendum
A referendum relating to the Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan was held on Thursday, 4 May 2017.
The question asked, was:
"Do you want East Northamptonshire Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Chelveston cum Caldecott to help it decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood Area?"
The Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan received a majority 'Yes' vote in favour of this question.The official declaration of results can be viewed below:
The Council has published the following documents to support the referendum:
The specified documents referred to are available below:
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan (Referendum Version)
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan – Report of Examination (report of the independent examiner)
- Representations submitted to the Independent Examiner
- Summary of Representations submitted to the Independent Examiner [report presented to Planning Policy Committee, 19 September 2016 – Agenda Item 7]
- Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement
The Parish Council (Qualifying Body) has similarly produced updates to the supporting submission documents, to support the published (Referendum Version) Plan:
- Basic Conditions Statement
- Formal Consultation Statement
- Sustainability Appraisal
- References & Evidence Base
- Changes [Referendum Version]
Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan Examiner's Report received, 24 November 2016
On 24 November 2016, the Neighbourhood Plan Examiner delivered his final report. The Examiner’s Report may be viewed through the link below:
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2031: Report to East Northamptonshire Council of the Independent Examination
Publication of the report was delayed by around two months, due to a need to undertake a revised Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) screening. Following this, Natural England indicated that it is now satisfied that: The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010 (SI 2010 No 490), as amended, have now been complied with. Documentation relating to the HRA screening is available through the link below:
- HRA screening update, September 2016
- Appendix 1 – Natural England representation, 17 December 2014
- Appendix 2 – Natural England representation, 16 May 2016
- Appendix 3 – East Northamptonshire Council response to Natural England
- Natural England response to HRA screening update, 26 October 2016
The Examiner has recommended “that subject to specified modifications the Neighbourhood Plan meets the basic conditions and other requirements to proceed to a local referendum based on the Plan area”.
Submission of “Our Village – Our Plan Our Future” (Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031)
On 16 March 2016, Chelveston cum Caldecott Parish Council wrote to East Northamptonshire Council, to formally submit the Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031 and supporting documents in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended. The submission documents, or ‘plan proposal’, consist of:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed neighbourhood development plan relates [bound within the Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031 Consultation Version 4.0 (submission Plan, March 2016)];
- The Consultation Statement;
- The proposed neighbourhood development plan [Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031 Consultation Version 4.0 (submission Plan, March 2016)];
- A statement (the “Basic Conditions Statement”) explaining how the proposed neighbourhood development plan meets the requirements of paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
To comply with these statutory requirements, Chelveston cum Caldecott Parish Council has submitted the following documents:
- Submission Plan, March 2016 (submission documents (1) and (3))
- Basic Conditions Statement (submission document (4))
- Formal Consultation Statement (submission document (2))
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Changes from Consultation Version 1.0/2.0 (1st draft/ Regulation 14 Plan, January 2015) to Version 4.0 (Submission Plan, March 2016)
On 17 March, East Northamptonshire Council wrote to the Parish Council, to confirm that the plan proposal complies with all of the relevant statutory requirements.
The “Regulation 16” consultation
Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan under Regulation 15 represents the stage where Chelveston cum Caldecott Parish Council/ Working Party effectively “hands over the baton” for the neighbourhood development plan to the local planning authority.
East Northamptonshire Council is now running a statutory six week consultation under Regulation 16, with reference to the “Basic Conditions” that the Neighbourhood Plan needs to meet. These require that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area;
- Doesn’t breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC; and that
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species regulations 2010(d)), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
The relevant consultation documents are available as follows:
- Statutory Regulation 16 Notice
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan response form (pdf version)
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan response form (Word version)
The Regulation 16 consultation will ran from 8 April to 23 May 2016 inclusive.
Regulation 14 Consultation (26 January – 9 March 2015)
In January 2015, Chelveston cum Caldecott Parish Council (as the statutory “Qualifying Body”) consulted upon the first formal draft version of the Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan. Following on from this, the Parish Council/ Working Party reviewed all of the comments received during this and other non-statutory consultations, prior to submitting the Plan.
Neighbourhood Area Designation
On 11 September 2013, East Northamptonshire Council received an application from Chelveston cum Caldecott Parish Council for the designation of the designation of a Neighbourhood Plan area. This was agreed by the Planning Policy Committee on 12 Feb 2014.
Subsequently, on 13 October 2014, the Parish Council decided to apply to amend the previously designated Neighbourhood Area, so that this would correspond to the new parish boundary which came into effect from 15 October 2014. Accordingly, East Northamptonshire Council approved a revised Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Area on 8 April 2015. Relevant documents regarding the Neighbourhood Area designation are available below.
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Proposed Revision to Neighbourhood Area
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Parish Council application for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area
- Chelveston cum Caldecott– formal notice of application for designation of a Neighbourhood Area
For general queries regarding neighbourhood planning please contact the planning policy team on 01832 742010.
- Neighbourhood Planning in East Northamptonshire
- Key Stages to Neighbourhood Planning
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan (you are here)
- Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
- Raunds Neighbourhood Plan
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- Irthlingborough Neighbourhood Plan
- Stanwick Neighbourhood Plan
- Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan
- Brigstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Deene and Deenethorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan
- Regulation 16 Consultations
- Collyweston Neighbourhood Plan
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
- Duddington with Fineshade Neighbourhood Plan
- Warmington Neighbourhood Plan