Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan
A referendum was held on Thursday, 15th December 2022 to give the residents of Barnwell the chance to vote on whether they accept the Neighbourhood Development Plan.
The question asked was:
“Do you want North Northamptonshire Council to use the neighbourhood plan for Barnwell to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan received a majority 'Yes' vote in favour of the question. The official declaration of results can be viewed below:
The specified documents are:
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan - Referendum Version
- Examiners Report (on the Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan)
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan Submission Reps - Regulation 16 - extract (sent to the Independent Examiner)
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan Basic Conditions Statement
- Information about the Planning System and Neighbourhood Development Plans
Also, the link for the 'Notice of Referendum'
Neighbourhood Plan Examination
On 18 May 2022 Nigel McGurk was appointed to undertake the independent Examination for the Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan.
The Examination concluded on 7th September 2022 with the publication of the Examiner's Report. Subject to the recommendations within this report, the Examiner recommends that the Neighbourhood Plan progresses to referendum.
Regulation 16 Consultation
Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan under Regulation 15 represents the stage where Barnwell Parish Council and the appointed Neighbourhood Planning Group effectively “hand over the baton” for the neighbourhood development plan to the local planning authority.
The Regulation 16 consultation took place from 21 March – 3 May 2022, inclusive, with reference to the “Basic Conditions” that the Neighbourhood Plan needs to meet. This required that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area;
- Doesn’t breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC; and that
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species regulations 2010(d)), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
The Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan Regulation 16 draft can be found here.
The Barnwell Design Code, Basic Conditions Statement and supporting documentation can be found here.
The Regulation 16 consultation closed on 3 May 2022. 11 responses were received. The representations may be viewed here.
Regulation 14 consultation
On 22 June 2021, Barnwell Parish Council published the “Regulation 14” (1st draft) version Neighbourhood Plan for consultation.
The consultation closed on 9 August 2021. Further details can be found on the Parish Council’s webpage.
On 3 October 2013, East Northamptonshire Council received an application from Barnwell Parish Council for the designation of the whole of the Barnwell Parish area as a Neighbourhood Plan area.
This application triggered a statutory consultation, inviting comments about whether the proposed boundary for Barnwell is suitable for carrying out neighbourhood planning. This took place over a 6-week period, between 25 October and 9 December 2013, inclusive. Comments received were considered by the Planning Policy Committee on 12 Feb 2014, who endorsed the designation of Barnwell Parish as a Neighbourhood Plan area.
For general queries regarding neighbourhood planning please contact the planning policy team on 01832 742010.
- Neighbourhood Planning in East Northamptonshire
- Key Stages to Neighbourhood Planning
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan (you are here)
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan
- Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
- Raunds Neighbourhood Plan
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- Irthlingborough Neighbourhood Plan
- Stanwick Neighbourhood Plan
- Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan
- Brigstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Deene and Deenethorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan
- Regulation 16 Consultations
- Collyweston Neighbourhood Plan
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
- Duddington with Fineshade Neighbourhood Plan
- Warmington Neighbourhood Plan
- Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan
- Twywell Neighbourhood Plan
- Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan
- Great Addington Neighbourhood Plan
- Position Statement –Oundle Neighbourhood Plan Examination
- Nassington Neighbourhood Plan
- Thrapston Neighbourhood Plan