Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan
Submission of the Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan
On 10 February 2021 Ringstead Parish Council wrote to East Northamptonshire Council, to formally submit the Ringstead Neighbourhood Development Plan and supporting documents for examination, in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended. The submission documents, or ‘plan proposal’, consist of:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed neighbourhood development plan relates [bound within the Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031];
- The Consultation Statement;
- The proposed neighbourhood development plan [submission version Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031];
- A statement (“Basic Conditions Statement”) explaining how the proposed neighbourhood development plan meets the requirements of paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
To comply with these and other statutory requirements, Ringstead Parish Council has submitted the following documents:
- Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031 (dated 10 February 2021)
- Consultation Statement
- Basic Conditions Statement
The Parish Council/ Neighbourhood Planning Group have also prepared the necessary Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) reports, respectively required by the The Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004 (SI 2004 No 1633) and The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017 (SI 2017 No 1012). The screening opinions are available through the following links:
On 24 February 2021, we wrote to the Parish Council, to confirm that the plan proposal complies with all of the relevant statutory requirements.
The "Regulation 16" Consultation
Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan under Regulation 15 represents the stage where Ringstead Parish Council and the appointed Neighbourhood Planning Group effectively “hands over the baton” for the neighbourhood development plan to the local planning authority.
The Regulation 16 consultation will take place from 17 May – 28 June 2021, inclusive, with reference to the “Basic Conditions” that the Neighbourhood Plan needs to meet. These require that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area;
- Doesn’t breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC; and that
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species regulations 2010(d)), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
Documentation for the Regulation 16 consultation (consultation forms and other supporting information) will be set out below in advance of the start of the consultation (14 May 2021).
If you have any queries regarding the Regulation 16 consultation please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regulation 14 consultation
On 17 July 2020, Ringstead Parish Council published the first draft version of the Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan for consultation, under Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended. The Regulation 14 consultation will run from 17 July – 31 August 2020, inclusive.
Further details of the consultation, including consultation documents, are available from the Parish Council’s web page.
Designation of Neighbourhood Area
On 24 November 2017, East Northamptonshire Council received an application from Ringstead Parish Council for the designation of the whole of the parish area of Ringstead as a Neighbourhood Area, with a view to preparing a Neighbourhood Plan.
A map showing the proposed area to be covered by the plan together with a copy of the application that has been submitted can be viewed below.
In accordance with Regulations 5/ 5A of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), the Ringstead Neighbourhood Area was formally designated by East Northamptonshire Council on 4 December 2017 under delegated powers.
- Neighbourhood Planning in East Northamptonshire
- Key Stages to Neighbourhood Planning
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan
- Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
- Raunds Neighbourhood Plan
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- Irthlingborough Neighbourhood Plan
- Stanwick Neighbourhood Plan
- Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan
- Brigstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Deene and Deenethorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan
- Regulation 16 Consultations
- Collyweston Neighbourhood Plan
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
- Duddington with Fineshade Neighbourhood Plan
- Warmington Neighbourhood Plan
- Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan (you are here)
- Twywell Neighbourhood Plan
- Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan
- Great Addington Neighbourhood Plan
- Position Statement –Oundle Neighbourhood Plan Examination
- Nassington Neighbourhood Plan