Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan 'Made'
The Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2031 was formally adopted (‘made’) by the Planning Policy Committee on 30 July 2018 (Item 9). It now forms a part of the development plan for the area (Parish of Glapthorn) and from hereon will be used to assist in the determination of planning applications.
'Making' of the Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan is confirmed by notice, under Regulations 19-20 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended:
- Statutory notice, confirming 'making' of the Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan 2016- 2031
- 'Made' version of Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
A referendum relating to the Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2031 was held on Thursday, 5 July 2018.
The question asked, was:
"Do you want East Northamptonshire Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Glapthorn to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?"
The Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan received a majority 'Yes' vote in favour of the question. The official declaration of results can be viewed below:
The Council published the following documents to support the referendum:
- Information Statement
- General Statement about the Planning System and Neighbourhood Development Plans
The specified documents referred to are available below:
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2031 Referendum Version (May 2018)
- Parish Polices Map
- Village Policies Map
- Examiner's report
- Representations submitted to the Independent Examiner (Regulation 16)
- Summary of Representations submitted to the Independent Examiner [report presented to Planning Policy Committee, 23 April 2018 – Agenda Item 8]
- Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement
The Parish Council (Qualifying Body) has similarly published relevant documents, to support the published Referendum Version Plan. These may be viewed through the Parish Council’s own Neighbourhood Plan web page
Neighbourhood Plan Examination
On 1 March 2018, Chris Collison was appointed to undertake the independent Examination for the Rushden Neighbourhood Plan. He confirmed this appointment by letter, dated 1 March 2018.
The Examination finished on 23 April 2018, with publication of the Examiner's Report
Glapthorn Parish Council is due to meet on 17 May 2018 to consider the Examiner’s Modifications. Subject to the Parish Council agreeing to these, the Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan is scheduled to take place on 5 July 2018.
The Examiner raised a number of questions regarding specific policies/ proposals in the submitted Neighbourhood Plan. These were considered by East Northamptonshire Council and Glapthorn Parish Council and the responses were collated into a response to each of the Examiner's questions:
- Examiner's questions, incorporating answers from East Northamptonshire Council and Glapthorn Parish Council to question 1, 20 March 2018
- Glapthorn Parish Council to question 2, 13 March 2018
10 representations were received during the “Regulation 16” consultation (12 January – 26 February 2018; further details below), which preceded the Neighbourhood Plan Examination. These may be viewed through the following link:
Submission of the Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
On 14 December 2017, Glapthorn Parish Council wrote to East Northamptonshire Council, to formally submit the Glapthorn Neighbourhood Development Plan and supporting documents in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended. The submission documents, or ‘plan proposal’, consisted of:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed neighbourhood development plan relates [bound within the submission version Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2031];
- Submission Version Policies Map [whole Parish areas and village inset];
- The Consultation Statement;
- The proposed neighbourhood development plan [Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan Submission/ Regulation 16 Consultation Version (December 2017)];
- A statement (“Basic Conditions Statement”) explaining how the proposed neighbourhood development plan meets the requirements of paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
To comply with these and other statutory requirements, Glapthorn Parish Council submitted the following documents:
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan 2016-2031, Regulation 16 Consultation Version (V 3.1), December 2017 (submission documents (a) and (c)), with Appendices
- Polices Map - Parish Proposals Map (whole Parish area) and Village Proposals Map (Glapthorn Village built-up area)
- Consultation Statement (submission document (b)), incorporating Equalities Impact Assessment, Habitat Regulations Assessment and Strategic Environmental Assessment screening opinions Appendices and the Pro-Vision representation (promoting development to the north of Oundle)
- Basic Conditions Statement (submission document (d))
On 15 December, we wrote to the Parish Council, to confirm that the plan proposal complies with all of the relevant statutory requirements.
The "Regulation 16" Consultation
Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan under Regulation 15 represents the stage where Glapthorn Parish Council and the appointed Neighbourhood Planning Group effectively “hands over the baton” for the neighbourhood development plan to the local planning authority.
East Northamptonshire Council then ran a six week consultation under Regulation 16 (12 January - 26 February 2018, inclusive), with reference to the “Basic Conditions” that the Neighbourhood Plan needs to meet. These require that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area;
- Doesn’t breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC; and that
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species regulations 2010(d)), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
The relevant consultation documents are as follows:
- Statutory Regulation 16 Notice
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan response form (pdf version)
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan response form (Word version)
Regulation 14 Consultation
Glapthorn Parish Council published the 1st draft version of the Neighbourhood Plan for the "Regulation 14 consultation". This took place from 21 August - 13 October 2017 inclusive.
Full details are also avaliable through the Parish Council's Neighbourhood Plan web page
Designation of Neighbourhood Area
On 21 April 2016, East Northamptonshire Council received an application from Glapthorn Parish Council for the designation of the whole of the parish area of Glapthorn as a Neighbourhood Plan area.
A map showing the proposed area to be covered by the plan together with a copy of the application that has been submitted can be viewed below.
- Glapthorn Parish Council application for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area
- Glapthorn formal notice of application for designation of a Neighbourhood Area
Statutory consultation for Glapthorn Neighbourhood Area will take place over 4 weeks between 6 May and 6 June 2016.
Following the statutory consultation under Regulation 6 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), the Glapthorn Neighbourhood Area was formally designated by East Northamptonshire Council on 27 June 2016 under delegated powers.
- Neighbourhood Planning in East Northamptonshire
- Key Stages to Neighbourhood Planning
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan
- Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
- Raunds Neighbourhood Plan
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- Irthlingborough Neighbourhood Plan
- Stanwick Neighbourhood Plan
- Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan
- Brigstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Deene and Deenethorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan
- Regulation 16 Consultations
- Collyweston Neighbourhood Plan
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan (you are here)
- Duddington with Fineshade Neighbourhood Plan
- Warmington Neighbourhood Plan
- Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan
- Twywell Neighbourhood Plan
- Hargrave Neighbourhood Plan
- Great Addington Neighbourhood Plan
- Position Statement –Oundle Neighbourhood Plan Examination
- Nassington Neighbourhood Plan