King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan
Referendum to be held 19th September 2019
On 26 April 2019, John Slater was appointed to undertake the independent Examination for the King’s Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan.
He has published his final report on 22nd July 2019. A copy of it can be viewed via the following link: Examiner’s final report.
Following on from this, the Parish Council have now released the next version of the Neighbourhood Plan taking account of the Examiner’s recommendations. The aim is now that a referendum will be held to give the residents of King’s Cliffe the chance to vote on whether they accept the Plan. A copy of the latest version of the Plan can be viewed via the following link: King’s Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan Referendum Version. A copy of the Council’s Basic Conditions and Compliance Statement is attached. Also attached is a General Statement about the Planning System and Neighbourhood Development Plans plus an Information Statement.
A summary of the replies submitted to the Examiner pursuant to paragraph 9 of Schedule 4B to the 1990 Act can be found within the report to the Council’s Planning Policy Committee 29th July 2019 Agenda, item 6.
The Examiner’s initial comments, together with a partial response and further response from East Northamptonshire Council plus one from the Parish Council and an updated Habitats Regulations Screening (including Appendix 4), may be viewed through the following links:
- Examiner’s initial comments
- East Northamptonshire Council initial response
- Response from the Parish Council
- East Northamptonshire Council further response including initial Habitats Regulations Screening plus Appendices 1, 2 and 3
Submission of the King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Development Plan
On 19 March 2019, King’s Cliffe Parish Council wrote to East Northamptonshire Council, to formally submit the King’s Cliffe Neighbourhood Development Plan and supporting documents for examination, in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended. The submission documents, or ‘plan proposal’, consist of:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed neighbourhood development plan relates [bound within the King’s Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan 2018-2031];
- The Consultation Statement;
- The proposed neighbourhood development plan [submission version King’s Cliffe Neighbourhood Development Plan 2018-2031];
- A statement (“Basic Conditions Statement”) explaining how the proposed neighbourhood development plan meets the requirements of paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990
To comply with these and other statutory requirements, King’s Cliffe Parish Council has submitted the following documents:
- King’s Cliffe Neighbourhood Development Plan Submission document (dated 15.03.2019)
- Consultation Statement (dated 15.03.2019) including Appendix I, Third Party sites
- Basic Conditions Statement (dated 15.03.2019)
- Evidence Base (dated 15.03.2019)
The Parish Council/ Neighbourhood Planning Group have also undertaken the necessary Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) screening, respectively required by the The Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004 (SI 2004 No 1633) and The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2010 (SI 2010 No 490) as amended. The screening opinions are available through the following links:
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) screening document
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) screening document
- Equalities Impact Assessment (EIA) initial screening form
On 27 March 2019, we wrote to the Parish Council, to confirm that the plan proposal complies with all of the relevant statutory requirements.
The "Regulation 16" Consultation
Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan under Regulation 15 represents the stage where King’s Cliffe Parish Council and the appointed Neighbourhood Planning Group effectively “hands over the baton” for the neighbourhood development plan to the local planning authority.
The Regulation 16 consultation will take place from 18 April – 3rd June 2019, inclusive, with reference to the “Basic Conditions” that the Neighbourhood Plan needs to meet. These require that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area;
- Doesn’t breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC; and that
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species regulations 2010(d)), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
Further details regarding the consultation are set out in the statutory Regulation 16 Notice. We have decided to use the Smart Survey consultation tool to manage this consultation. It is hoped that this will enable more efficient processing and management of representations. Please use the following link to submit your Regulation 16 consultation response:
If you have any queries regarding the Regulation 16 consultation please email email@example.com.
Regulation 14 consultation
On 14 July 2017, King’s Cliffe Parish Council published the “Regulation 14” (1st draft) version Neighbourhood Plan for consultation.
Representations in response to the Regulation 14 consultation need to be received by King’s Cliffe Parish Council (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 September 2017. Full details are available through the Parish Council’s Neighbourhood Plan web page.
Designation of Neighbourhood Area
On 15 April 2015, East Northamptonshire Council received an application from King’s Cliffe Parish Council for the designation of the whole of the parish area of King’s Cliffe as a Neighbourhood Plan area.
A map showing the proposed area to be covered by the plan together with a copy of the application that has been submitted can be viewed below.
- King’s Cliffe Parish Council application for the designation of a Neighbourhood Area
- King’s Cliffe formal notice of application for designation of a Neighbourhood Area
Statutory consultation for King’s Cliffe Neighbourhood Area took place over 4 weeks between 8 May and 8 June 2015.
Following the statutory consultation under Regulation 6 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), the King’s Cliffe Neighbourhood Area was formally designated by East Northamptonshire Council on 19 June 2015 under delegated powers.
- Neighbourhood Planning in East Northamptonshire
- Key Stages to Neighbourhood Planning
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan
- Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
- Raunds Neighbourhood Plan
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- Irthlingborough Neighbourhood Plan
- Stanwick Neighbourhood Plan
- Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan
- Brigstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Deene and Deenethorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan (you are here)
- Regulation 16 Consultations
- Collyweston Neighbourhood Plan
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
- Duddington with Fineshade Neighbourhood Plan
- Warmington Neighbourhood Plan
- Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan
- Twywell Neighbourhood Plan