Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan
Two local communities have joined together to draw up a joint neighbourhood plan to help shape development across their parishes.
The proposal is for a plan to cover the parish of Barrowden in Rutland and the parish of Wakerley which is in East Northamptonshire Council’s administrative area.
Further details about the Joint Neighbourhood Plan are available through the following:
Regulation 16 consultation
Rutland County Council has now published the Barrowden and Wakerley Neighbourhood Plan for consultation under Regulation 16 of the under Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012. Comments should be submitted by email email@example.com or sent in writing to Mr R Ranson, Planning Policy Manager, Rutland County Council, Council Offices, Catmose, Oakham, Rutland, LE15 6HP, by 4.30pm on Monday 25 February 2019.
Rutland County Council is in the process of appointing an independent examiner, to assess the Barrowden and Wakerley Neighbourhood Plan against the the “Basic Conditions”; that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area;
- Doesn’t breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC; and that
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in the Conservation of Habitats and Species regulations 2010(d)), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
Submission of the Barrowden and Wakerley Neighbourhood Plan
On 21 November 2018, Barrowden Parish Council (the statutory Qualifying Body), submitted the Barrowden and Wakerley Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents to Rutland County Council. Full details of the submission documents are available through Rutland County Council’s Neighbourhood Planning web page.
Regulation 14 consultation
On 14 April 2018, Barrowden Parish Council published the “Regulation 14” (1st draft) version Neighbourhood Plan for consultation. Further details are avaliable through the Barrowden and Wakerley Neighbourhood Plan web page.
Designation of Neighbourhood Area
The Neighbourhood Area application was submitted to each of the two local planning authorities (Rutland County Council and East Northamptonshire) to identify the area to be covered by the plan.
A map showing the proposed area to be covered by the plan together with a copy of the application that has been submitted to the two local planning authorities may be viewed below.
Statutory consultation for the Barrowden and Wakerley Neighbourhood Area took place over six weeks, between Friday 13 February 2015 and Friday 27 March 2015.
Following the statutory consultation under Regulation 6 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, the Barrowden and Wakerley Neighbourhood Area was confirmed by Rutland County Council and East Northamptonshire Council under delegated powers, with effect from Monday, 27 April 2015.
From hereon, Barrowden Parish Council, supported by Wakerley Parish Meeting, will commence the formal preparation of a Neighbourhood Plan covering these two Parishes. Further details are also available through Rutland County Council’s Neighbourhood Planning web page.
- Neighbourhood Planning in East Northamptonshire
- Key Stages to Neighbourhood Planning
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan
- Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
- Raunds Neighbourhood Plan
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- Irthlingborough Neighbourhood Plan
- Stanwick Neighbourhood Plan
- Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan (you are here)
- Brigstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Deene and Deenethorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan
- Regulation 16 Consultations
- Collyweston Neighbourhood Plan
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
- Duddington with Fineshade Neighbourhood Plan
- Warmington Neighbourhood Plan
- Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan
- Twywell Neighbourhood Plan