Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
Submission of the Oundle Neighbourhood Plan
On 24 May 2019, Oundle Town Council wrote to East Northamptonshire Council, to formally submit the Oundle Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031 and supporting documents for examination, in accordance with Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, as amended. The submission documents, or ‘plan proposal’, consist of:
- A map identifying the area to which the proposed neighbourhood development plan relates [bound within the submission version Oundle Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031];
- The Consultation Statement;
- The proposed neighbourhood development plan [submission version Oundle Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031];
- A statement (“Basic Conditions Statement”) explaining how the proposed neighbourhood development plan meets the requirements of paragraph 8 of Schedule 4B to the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
To comply with these and other statutory requirements, Oundle Town Council has submitted the following documents:
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan 2011-2031
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan Maps
- Consultation Statement Appendix 1-3 and Appendix 4
- Basic Conditions Statement
The Town Council/ Neighbourhood Planning Group have also undertaken the necessary Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) screening, respectively required by the The Environmental Assessment of Plans and Programmes Regulations 2004 (SI 2004 No 1633) and The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017 (SI 2017 No 1012). The outcome of these processes was that a full Sustainability Appraisal was required, although the HRA screening did fulfil the requirements of the 2017 Regulations. The SEA, HRA and Sustainability Appraisal documents are available through the following links:
- SEA, HRA and Equalities Impact Assessment (EIA) screening documents, with Environment Agency, Historic England and Natural England responses
- Sustainability Appraisal report, with appendices and responses from statutory consultees
On 9 July, we wrote to the Town Council, to confirm that the plan proposal complies with all of the relevant statutory requirements.
The "Regulation 16" Consultation
Submission of the Neighbourhood Plan under Regulation 15 represents the stage where Oundle Town Council and the appointed Neighbourhood Planning Group effectively “hands over the baton” for the neighbourhood development plan to the local planning authority.
East Northamptonshire Council is now running a six week consultation under Regulation 16 (12 July – 27 August 2019, inclusive), with reference to the “Basic Conditions” that the Neighbourhood Plan needs to meet. These require that the plan:
- Has regard to national policy and guidance from the Secretary of State;
- Contributes to sustainable development;
- Is in general conformity with the strategic policy of the development plan for the area or any part of that area;
- Doesn’t breach or is otherwise compatible with EU obligations – this includes the SEA Directive of 2001/42/EC; and that
- The making of the Neighbourhood Plan is not likely to have a significant effect on a European site (as defined in The Conservation of Habitats and Species Regulations 2017 (SI 2017 No 1012) (d)), either alone or in combination with other plans or projects.
Further details regarding the consultation are set out in the statutory Regulation 16 Notice
We are currently rolling out the the Smart Survey consultation tool to manage this and future consultations. It is hoped that this will enable more efficient processing and management of representations. Please use the following link to submit your Regulation 16 consultation response:
If you have any queries regarding the Regulation 16 consultation please email email@example.com.
Regulation 14 Consultation
Between 9 April and 21 May 2018 inclusive, Oundle Town Council ran the “Regulation 14” (1st draft) version Oundle Neighbourhood Plan consultation. The findings of this are set out in the submission Consultation Statement.
Further details are available through the Town Council’s Neighbourhood Plan (Regulation 14 consultation) web page.
Designation of Neighbourhood Area
On 20 December 2012, East Northamptonshire Council received an application from Oundle Town Council for the designation of the whole of the Oundle Parish area as a Neighbourhood Plan area.
The application triggered a statutory consultation, inviting comments about whether the proposed boundary for Oundle was considered suitable for carrying out neighbourhood planning. This took place over 6 weeks, from 18 February – 1 April 2013 inclusive. Comments received were considered by the Planning Policy Committee on 17 June 2013, who endorsed the designation of Oundle Parish as a Neighbourhood Plan area.
"Regulation 7" Notice (Formal Neighbourhood Plan area designation notice)
For general queries regarding neighbourhood planning please contact the planning policy team on 01832 742010
- Neighbourhood Planning in East Northamptonshire
- Key Stages to Neighbourhood Planning
- Barnwell Neighbourhood Plan
- Chelveston cum Caldecott Neighbourhood Plan
- Higham Ferrers Neighbourhood Plan
- Oundle Neighbourhood Plan (you are here)
- Raunds Neighbourhood Plan
- Rushden Neighbourhood Plan
- Irthlingborough Neighbourhood Plan
- Stanwick Neighbourhood Plan
- Barrowden and Wakerley Joint Neighbourhood Plan
- Brigstock Neighbourhood Plan
- Deene and Deenethorpe Neighbourhood Plan
- King's Cliffe Neighbourhood Plan
- Regulation 16 Consultations
- Collyweston Neighbourhood Plan
- Glapthorn Neighbourhood Plan
- Duddington with Fineshade Neighbourhood Plan
- Warmington Neighbourhood Plan
- Ringstead Neighbourhood Plan
- Twywell Neighbourhood Plan