Cookie Consent by Report unauthorised building work | Report unauthorised building work | North Northamptonshire Council - East Northamptonshire Area

Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Report unauthorised building work

Work commonly requiring a Building Control application

  • Construction of a building e.g. new dwelling.
  • Extending an existing building e.g. kitchen extension.
  • Making structural alterations to a building e.g. removing a load bearing wall.
  • Converting a loft e.g. making a new room in the roof space.
  • Installing services and fittings e.g. installing central heating.
  • Changing the use of a building e.g. converting a house to flats.
  • Erecting a large conservatory e.g. floor area greater than 30m2.
  • Converting an existing garage to a habitable room.
  • Window and /or door replacement (not repairs).
  • The installation or alteration of electrical works not undertaken by a Registered Competent Part P Electrical Installer

There may be other instances.

If you are unsure about any building work that you have seen please complete the form or contact Building Control.

We may or may not know about the work you report as having started and it will be looked into by the area surveyor, usually the following day.

However we cannot give you any information on the building works and can only reassure you that it will be looked into.