You may qualify for the Test and Trace support payments

Have you been instructed by NHS Test and Trace to self-isolate because you have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with someone who has Covid-19?

More info

Local Land Charges search

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I submit a search online?

You can submit a search application using our Easy search form and make a payment using our online payments system. If you wish to use this service, please note we will be unable to process your search without the unique reference number given to you once you have made your payment. Complete your payment then include the reference number given in the box on the top of the easy search form and email.

How does the online system work?

To submit an online application for searches, complete the property information on our LLC1/CON29 form which you can email to us. Go to our online payments system and enter the details for the property and your search requirements. Once you have made payment, make a note of the unique payment reference number given at the end of the payment process and add this to your form in the box provided. Then simply email us the form, and a clear plan of the location you wish us to search.

Please ensure your search extent is clearly highlighted in red and that the plan submitted is to Ordnance Survey standards (i.e. clear, up to date, easy to see the search extent and surrounding roadways, property boundaries and other features).

Your search will be booked in on the day it is received, providing we have all the information we need on the form, your payment reference and a correct plan. 

What does "to Ordnance Survey Standards" mean?

To be able to process a search, our team needs a clear and recent plan of the property in question. We also need to be able to clearly see the boundaries of neighbouring properties, roadways and other features in the area. 

The most common delay in us being able to book in your search is that the plan is too faint to work from. Please ensure that submitted plans are clear, recent and show all of the above. If the plan you have is not up to standard, new plans can be purchased from Ordnance Survey.

Do you offer a fast track/ expedited service?

We do not offer an expedited service as all of our search clients requirements are of equal importance to us. Whether clients come to us direct or via a third party, we will process the request within the same working time period.

Who can request information on the progress of a search?

We are only able to deal with the person or company who requested the search or your solicitor. We can't provide search information to vendors, purchasers, estate agents or other third parties involved in the sale/ purchase of the property. If you're concerned about the progress of your search request, contact your solicitor or search agent and ask them to contact us for an update. We will be able to tell them when the search was received, its progress and when it is due to be returned (latest date).

Can I request CON29 component data?

All CON29 information is also available by submitting the CON29R Component Data Request Form 2017 by email for which there is a charge - please check the schedule of fees.

Where information  is not currently available for viewing, a request can be made by email for access under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. You will receive a response within 20 working days.