Notice of the commencement and duration of the period for the exercise of public rights under the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015.
Further to Regulations 9, 14 and 15 of the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015, notice is hereby given that the period for the exercise of public rights in respect of the Council’s Statement of Accounts for 2017-18 will:
- Commence at 9:00 am on Friday 1st June 2018, and
- Conclude at 5:00 pm on Thursday 12th July 2018.
The Council’s accounts are subject to external audit Tony Crawley, Director from KPMG LLP, Infrastructure, Government & Healthcare, St Nicholas House, Park Row, Nottingham, NG1 6FQ. Members of the public and local government electors have certain rights in the audit process:
- Any persons interested may inspect the accounting records for 2017-18 and all books, contracts, bills, vouchers, receipts and other documents relating to those records (subject to considerations of commercial confidentiality and requirements in respect of personal information).
- At the request of a local government elector of the Council’s area, the auditor must give the elector, or any representative of the elector, an opportunity to question the auditor about the accounting records of the Council.
- A local government elector for the Council’s area, or their representative, may object to the Council’s accounts, asking that the auditor issue a report in the public interest or apply a declaration that an item of account is unlawful under Section 28 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014. Written notice of the proposed objection and of the grounds on which it will be made must be sent to the auditor at the address shown above and also copied to the Council at the address given below.
The Statement of Accounts and other documents will be available for inspection at the address given below, please contact Claire Edwards (Financial Services Manager) on 01832 742181, in advance to arrange a time for inspection so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The person and address to which a copy of any proposed objection must be sent is:
Glenn Hammons, Chief Finance Officer, May 2018
C/O Cedar Drive, Thrapston, Northamptonshire NN14 4LZ