Please note: New subscribers to the Garden Waste Service should be aware that due to national supply issues with wheeled bins we are not able to deliver bins to new garden waste collection customers at the moment. We expect the issue to be resolved by mid September. The start date for new subscriptions, placed before bins are available, will be adjusted to when bins have been delivered not from the date you register for the service.
What can and cannot go in the bin?
What can go into your garden waste bin?
- Cut grass
- Fallen leaves
- Hedge trimmings
- Twigs / woody material (less than 300mm/12 inches thickness)
- Windfallen fruit
- Vegetarian pet bedding such as hay/straw
What cannot go into the garden waste bin?
- Kitchen waste including eggshells, fruit / vegetable peelings and tea bags (this is because of government regulations to prevent the spread of foot and mouth disease). Please use our weekly food waste collection for this
- Woody branches over 300mm / 12 inches thick
- Wood / wood products
- Kitchen waste (including vegetable peelings)
- Cat litter and dog faeces