For £55.00 a year, you can sign up or renew to our Garden Waste Service. Residents that join our service are provided with a brown lidded bin.
The scheme operates all year, apart from a fortnight around Christmas and New Year. The collected garden waste is taken to a local composting facility.
Save time and pay by Direct Debit – you can now take the hassle out of paying for the Garden Waste Service by paying by Direct Debit. Quick, easy and safe, paying by Direct Debit keeps you in control. To proceed to set up your Direct Debit, please follow the instructions on the form. Please note, you will need to create an online account to do this.
Once payment has been received we will send you confirmation of your registration and, if required, arrange delivery of your garden waste bin.
Please read the terms and conditions of the Garden Waste Scheme.
What can go into your garden waste bin?
- Cut grass
- Fallen leaves
- Hedge trimmings
- Twigs / woody material (less than 300mm/12 inches thickness)
- Windfallen fruit
What cannot go into the garden waste bin?
- Kitchen waste including eggshells, fruit / vegetable peelings and tea bags (this is because of government regulations to prevent the spread of foot and mouth disease). Please use our weekly food waste collection for this
- Soil and rubble
- Woody branches over 300mm / 12 inches thick
- Wood / wood products
- Kitchen waste (including vegetable peelings)
- Dog faeces and cat litter
Can’t pay by Direct Debit?
Email our Customer Service Team using our online form