Cookie Consent by Temporary and Occasional Use Notices | Gambling Licences and Permits | North Northamptonshire Council - East Northamptonshire Area

Go to the new North Northamptonshire Council website

Gambling Licences and Permits

Temporary and Occasional Use Notices

CLAU Privacy Notice

Temporary use notices

A gambling operator may use a premises temporarily for gambling, where no licence is in force.  These include hotels, exhibition centres, conference centres and sporting venues.

The notice allows gambling to take place at the premises for up to 21 days during any 12 month period. This temporary use notice must be given to us more than 3 months before the date on which the activities to which the notice relates are due to start.

Occasional use notices

An occasional use notice can be used if betting is to take place for 8 days or less in a calendar year on the ‘track’ and there is no track betting licence in place.

The venue occupier or events administrator should give notice to the council’s licensing authority and the police.  No objection may be raised and there is no time restriction on when the notice must be given to us in advance of the event

How to apply

Download the relevant application form and complete and return to the address given below:

Application for a Temporary Use Notice (TUN)

Application for an Occasional Use Notice (OUN)

There are no fees for the above applications.

Please send your completed application to:

NNC Central Licensing Administration Unit 
Thrapston Offices
Cedar Drive
NN14 4LZ

Please ensure that you send copies to those persons/organisations as detailed in the application form to avoid invalidation of your application.








More information

  1. Gambling Premises Licence
  2. Gambling Permits
  3. Small Society Lottery Registration
  4. Temporary and Occasional Use Notices (you are here)