We are carrying out some routine maintenance from 10pm until 11pm

This may cause the website to be temporarily unavailable for a short time. We apologise for any inconvenience this might cause.

Gambling Licences and Permits

Gambling Permits

We are responsible for issuing gambling permits for the following:

  • Alcohol-licensed premises (gaming machine permits).
  • Unlicensed family entertainment centres (gaming machine permits).
  • Prize gaming.
  • Clubs (club gaming permits and club machine permits).

For more information on each type of permit, visit the Gambling Commission website.

How to apply

Submit your application together with the appropriate fee to the licensing unit. Application forms are in the relevant sections below.

Fees and charges

Gaming machine permits

You must notify the council if you plan to have two machines of category C or D gaming machines.

You must apply for a licensed premises gaming machine permit if you would like to have more than two machines, two months before your existing permit is due to expire.

Club gaming permits and club machine permits

A club gaming permit allows up to three gaming machines made up of category B4, C or D gaming machines, plus equal chance prize gaming.

A club machine permit allows up to three gaming machines made up of category B4, C and D gaming machines, but no other form of gaming.