Entertainment and Alcohol Licensing

Personal Licences

A personal licence authorises a person to supply alcohol or allow the supply of alcohol at a premises which has a valid premises licence.

Personal licences are needed to supervise the sale of alcohol in any premises – including pubs, off licences, restaurants and hotels. 

For all individual application packs and forms on Personal Licences, please use the links below.

Please note the requirement to renew personal licences has been abolished with effect from 1 April 2015. 

Although personal licences issued before 1 April 2015 have expiry dates on them, these licences will remain valid and such dates no longer have an effect.

Personal licences currently in issue remain valid unless surrendered, suspended, revoked or declared forfeit by the courts.

If you are the holder of a personal licence you are still required by the 2003 Act to notify us of the following of which a fee is required to be paid:

  1. Any changes to a holder's name or address.
  2. Any convictions for relevant offences (and the courts are similarly required to inform us of such convictions, whether or not they have ordered the suspension or forfeiture of the licence).
  3. Any conviction for a foreign offence.


EUGO logo