Camping and Caravan Sites / Mobile Homes Licence
Mobile Homes / Caravan and Camping Sites
To run a mobile home, caravan or camping site you need a licence from us.
If you have recently become a site occupier an existing licence may be transferable to you but the law requires us to give consent to the transfer.
The applicant must be entitled to use the land as a caravan or mobile home site.
Licences will not be issued to anyone who has had a site licence revoked within three years of the current application.
How to apply
You may apply online or by post but in both cases you will need to send us plans for the site which must be based on a 1:500 scale with all amenities shown.
There are currently no fees for caravans defined as static holiday or touring or for a camping site licence.
In accordance with provisions of the Mobile Homes Act 2013 we do charge fees for relevant permanent residential sites and fees are applicable to:
An application for a site licence.
A transfer or amendment or of an existing licence.
Depositing site rules.
Apply by post
Further Advice and Guidance
- What are Environmental Health Licences?
- Animal Boarding Establishments
- Boat Licensing (East Northants only)
- Camping and Caravan Sites / Mobile Homes Licence (you are here)
- Dangerous Wild Animals
- Environmental Permitting
- Dog Breeding
- House to House Collections
- Pet Shops
- Riding Establishment Licence
- Scrap Metal Dealer Licence
- Sex Establishments
- Street Collections
- Acupuncture,Tattooists, Piercing and Electrolysis
- Zoo Licensing
- Application by Post Forms
- Animal Licensing
- Other Licences
- Street Traders
- Caravan and Camping Sites Guidance
- Mobile Homes Guidance