Council Tax - Sole Occupier Discount

Sole Occupier Discount

The full Council Tax assumes that there are two adults living in a property. You may be able to get a discount if this is not the case, for example if you live on your own you are eligible for Sole Occupier's Discount.

If you think that you may be entitled to a Sole Occupier's discount you should complete an application form immediately.

If your bill indicates that a discount or exemption has been applied you must tell us immediately of any change of circumstance that could affect your entitlement, for example, another adult joining the household. If you fail to do so within 21 days you may be required to pay a penalty.