Second adult rebate
Second adult rebate is a reduction in your Council Tax bill based on the income of other people who live with you and are over 18 years old.
If you do not qualify for assistance with your rent or Council Tax you may be eligible for second adult rebate based on the income of other adults in your property, please note you can only apply for second adult rebate if you are of pensionable age.
Some people who are part of your household and over the age of 18 are disregarded for Council Tax purposes and therefore we cannot award second adult rebate. This may include people who are:
- a full time student
- severely mentally impaired
- currently in prison.
For more information, call us on 01832 742097.
The amount of second adult rebate that is granted depends on the gross income of other adults living in the property who are not your partner and not responsible for paying the rent or Council Tax.
Based on the income of the second adult you could be entitled to a 25%, 15% or 7.5% reduction from your annual Council Tax bill.
- What is Council Tax Support?
- How to make your Council Tax Support claim
- How much Council Tax Support will I receive?
- How Council Tax Support is calculated
- Council Tax Support appeals
- Changes in circumstances affecting your Council Tax Support
- Backdating your Council Tax Support
- Overpaid Council Tax Support
- Second adult rebate (you are here)
- Extended Payments
- Non dependant deductions