Council Tax Support appeals
If you do not understand something in your notification letter please call us on 01832 742097 for a more detailed explanation.
If you think your discount has been wrongly calculated or that you have been told that are not entitled but you think you should be, please contact us in writing within one month. Your claim can be checked again.
Once we have received your letter we will make sure a different officer from the one who originally assessed your case will look at your claim again. We will then let you know in writing whether the original decision will stand or whether we will amend your entitlement. Always ensure the letter is signed by the person affected and say why you wish us to reconsider the decision.
Please send all correspondence to:
East Northamptonshire Council
If you still disagree with the decision you have the right to an appeal. The appeal will be heard by the Valuation Tribunal.
For further information please see our leaflet What do I do if I disagree with your decision?
- What is Council Tax Support?
- How to make your Council Tax Support claim
- How much Council Tax Support will I receive?
- How Council Tax Support is calculated
- Council Tax Support appeals (you are here)
- Changes in circumstances affecting your Council Tax Support
- Backdating your Council Tax Support
- Overpaid Council Tax Support
- Second adult rebate
- Extended Payments
- Non dependant deductions