How to make your Council Tax Support claim
To claim Council Tax Support you will need to complete a claim form.
You can download a Council Tax Support form here, get one from the Customer Service Centre, Cedar Drive, Thrapston or the Customer Service Centre, Newton Road, Rushden or by calling the Benefits team on 01832 742097.
We recognise that Council Tax Support is a complex area so please contact us by phone or in person for advice and help with completing the form.
All forms must be fully completed and you will need to provide documents that confirm things about you, your partner and children (if appropriate). These will include documents related to your:
- National Insurance Number
- Other members of your household
Your discount cannot be calculated until all relevant documents are received but don't let this delay sending your form in. Please note that you only have 1 calendar month to provide your supporting evidence. If there are special circumstances that mean there will be a delay in getting together your documentation please let us know.
Once all your supporting documents have been received, we aim to complete an assessment of your case within 14 working days.
- What is Council Tax Support?
- How to make your Council Tax Support claim (you are here)
- How much Council Tax Support will I receive?
- How Council Tax Support is calculated
- Council Tax Support appeals
- Changes in circumstances affecting your Council Tax Support
- Backdating your Council Tax Support
- Overpaid Council Tax Support
- Second adult rebate
- Extended Payments
- Non dependant deductions