East Northamptonshire Council is committed to improving its services. Your views are an important part of ensuring that we continue to deliver quality services. You may like to suggest how we could do things better or wish to compliment us when we give a good service.
To do this you can use the Complaints, Comments and Compliments procedure. Visit our customer feedback page to find out how you can give feedback.
The council’s Customer Services Manager will monitor and consider all comments received. For further information please send an email, call 01832 742000 or write to East Northamptonshire Council, Cedar Drive, Thrapston, Northamptonshire, NN14 4LZ.
We expect our staff to be able to carry out their jobs free from abuse, threat and assault. The council will not tolerate violence towards its staff and is prepared to take action in supporting staff where necessary.
We will measure how we perform against the following:
|Telephone||Answer within 5 rings. (18 seconds)||80%|
|Letters / faxes (service request)||Provide a response within 10 working days. of receipt||90%|
|Email (service request)||Provide a response within 5 working days of receipt||90%|
Visitor waiting times
Seen within 5 minutes. Enquiry completed by first point of contact
90% / 80%
|Service quality||A high quality service which our customers rate as good or better||90%|
We will publish how we have performed against all of the Customer Service targets online in our Performance Plan.
What if there is a problem?
East Northamptonshire Council aims to provide good quality services. We try very hard to make sure everyone is treated fairly. But even in the best run organisations things sometimes go wrong. We always try to solve any problems as quickly as possible. But we like to stop problems happening in the first place if we can. You can help us to do this by telling us of any complaint you have or suggestions for service improvements.
Our commitment to you
East Northamptonshire Council is fully committed to providing high quality services for all our community.
We work to a set of customer service principles which guide everything we do. These include:
- Equality of opportunity
- Courtesy & fairness
- Clear communication
Our Customer Service standards have been developed from these principles.
Our standards set out exactly what customers can expect from the council and our staff.
Customer Service Standards
Face to face
We aim not to keep you waiting longer than 5 minutes before a member of staff sees you.
We will always try to answer your call within 5 rings.
Letters and faxes
Where a response is required, we will provide a response to letters and faxes, within 10 working days of receipt. (This does not include service requests with a statutory response time).
We will respond to service emails within 5 working days of receipt.
We will, with integrity, courtesy and fairness...
- Make our services welcoming to everyone.
- Treat customers courteously, fairly and with integrity.
- Ensure staff wear identity badges.
- Ensure our reception areas are clean and tidy.
Equality of opportunity
- Do our best to ensure that our services are accessible to everyone.
- Have clear signs to help you find the service you need.
- Use plain english in all of our communications.
- Provide up to date information on our website and in our reception areas.
- Arrange for a private room for your discussions when appropriate.
- Book an appointment for you if appropriate.
- Arrange a home visit where appropriate for reasons of access or mobility.
- Give help filling in forms if you need it.
- Where possible, provide information in alternative formats.
- Provide a translation service if required.
- Consult our customers regularly about our standards of service.
How to contact us
You can contact us by email, by phone 01832 742000 or in person / in writing at East Northamptonshire Council, Cedar Drive, Thrapston, Northamptonshire, NN14 4LZ.
Thrapston Customer Service Centre, Cedar Drive, Thrapston, NN14 4LZ
Rushden Customer Service Centre, Newton Road, Rushden, NN10 0PT
Oundle Customer Service Centre, 4 New Street, Oundle, PE8 4ED