Energy Efficiency and Energy Performance Certifcates
If a tenant is interested in how to make a property more energy efficient they can visit the Northants Warm Homes website for advice and information on current schemes in the area.
For information on the Government's Green Deal Scheme please visit their website.
Energy Performance Certificate
Prior to taking a new tenancy, tenants should ask to see a copy of the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). EPCs give information on how to make a home is more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions. All homes whether bought, sold or rented require an EPC. Tenants can check to see if a property or the one intended to be rented has an EPC by searching the EPC Register.
- Information for Private Sector Tenants and Landlords
- Deposit Protection and Redress Schemes
- Energy Efficiency and Energy Performance Certifcates (you are here)
- Retaliatory Evictions by Landlords
- At the end of the tenancy
- Home Energy Conservation Act (HECA Reports)