Coronavirus advice - Stay alert, help control the virus and save lives

For more information and the latest guidance on Covid-19

Coronavirus guidance and updates

Coronavirus updates for residents in East Northamptonshire

Coronavirus advice from Northamptonshire County Council

Parks & public spaces

East Northamptonshire Council is not responsible for the running of parks and public spaces across the district, they fall under the responsibility of the local town and parish councils.

Northamptonshire County Council has now re-opened the car parks in its five country parks and is working hard to ensure staff and visitor safety. Other facilities may not be open and it is advised that you check before your travel.

Stanwick Lakes is run by Rockingham Forest Trust in partnership with East Northamptonshire Council, and more details can be found at

Twywell Hills & Dales is run by The Land Trust in partnership with East Northamptonshire Council and more details about Twywell Hills & Dales can be found at

Leisure Centres

All leisure centres owned by East Northamptonshire Council are run by Freedom Leisure and have now reopened.

For full information about your local centre and what to expect, please visit Freedom Leisure’s website.

Council Tax

To help residents who have been financially affected by the coronavirus pandemic, ENC is offering the opportunity to stretch Council Tax payments over a 12 month period, rather than the normal 10 months.

If you would like to apply for this, please email, but please note that due to the high volume of interest, a reply may take up to and over 14 days.

If you know anyone not on email, please ask them to call 01832 742000, but anyone with access to email should apply this way to free up our phones for anyone not online.

Building control and building regulations

Temporary arrangements for Building Control inspections

Homelessness and housing advice

Contacting Homes Direct

Get help with funeral costs (Funeral Expenses Payment)

You could get a Funeral Expenses Payment (also called a Funeral Payment) if you get certain benefits and need help to pay for a funeral you’re arranging.

Coronavirus & waste collections - FAQs

Coronavirus & waste collections - FAQs

Domestic Abuse advice and support

Unfortunately, during the coronavirus pandemic we are expecting to see a rise in domestic abuse and violence.

If you need help, we have a page set up with phone numbers and websites that you might find useful and remember you are not alone.

Household Waste and Recyling Centres ('Tips')

Please note that all Household Waste and Recyling Centres in Northamptonshire are owned and run by Northamptonshire County Council. Visit their website for more information.