Economic Development Strategy 2017 - 2020
This Economic Development Strategy expands on the vision in the council’s Corporate Plan of working with our communities to sustain a thriving district through the priorities of 'Regeneration and economic development and 'Sustainable development'.
The strategy provides a framework that sets out how we will contribute to the economic growth of the district over the next three years during a period of greater opportunities (and challenges) include development of the Oxford-Cambridgeshire Corridor and Brexit.
The priorities for the strategy to enable the delivery of sustainable job growth that will make a significant contribution to improving the quality of life for residents whilst enhancing the quality of place and securing prosperity in the local economy are:
- Invest East Northamptonshire – secure and deliver strategic sites and infrastructure to support growth and help jobs growth exceed housing growth
- Generating Quality Places – drive town centre revitalisation
- Nurture Business Growth – deliver quality accommodation, business support and ensure council services and assets are aligned behind the economy
- Increased Tourism Spending and Job Creation - along the Nene Valley and in our rural areas
- Boosting the Skills Base - of local businesses and communities in the area
For further details view the Economic development strategy 2017 - 2020.