Your views matter
Consultation has an important role to play in the Council’s decision-making processes. All councils have a duty to consult with residents and businesses within their areas and the views of local people are vital to us to help provide the best possible services.
Reasons to consult:
- Improving service delivery
- Look for unmet need
- Shape the way a service is delivered
- Measure satisfaction with a service
- Prioritise future spending
- Set targets for a service
- Check out reaction to new ideas or initiatives
- Look out for quality improvements
- Check opinions, views and/or attitudes
Principles of consulation
When the council consults with residents and other stakeholders we will, whenever possible:
Make it clear what the consultation is about and why we are seeking views
- Choose the most appropriate method(s) of consultation for the intended audience
- Raise awareness of consultations in the most effective way, make it as easy as possible to take part and ensure that we provide enough time and information for people to give their views
- Consult at a time when proposals are still at a formative stage so views can be listened to and considered before making decisions
- Carefully analyse consultation responses so that results are accurate and reliable
- Publish consultation results and provide feedback on any decisions taken or next steps
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of our consultations so that we can continue to improve
- Work in a co-ordinated and joined up way within the council and with our partners to ensure that consultations are carried out in the best way possible
- In line with the Data Protection Act 2018, only collect the personal information that we need and make sure that the consultee knows why their personal information is being collected and who, apart from ENC, will have access to it.
- Ensure to remove and personal information before publishing results and delete any personal information as soon as it is no longer needed.
The Council undertakes various consultation projects with the general public, stakeholders and service users. On these pages you can find out more about ENC's consultations:
Find out why and how we consult in our strategies:
Your privacy: East Northamptonshire Council is committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your personal data safe when you use our services. Please read our privacy notice which tells you how we use any personal information that you provide to us inline with this service and who we may need to share it with and why.