A to Z
Garden Waste Service
The Garden Waste Service offers a convenient and cost effective way to recycle your garden waste, which we do not collect with the household refuse.
- What size are the bins?
- How often are the collections?
- If I move house can I take the service to my new address?
- Will extra waste be taken?
- Where do I place the bin for collection?
- When will the garden waste be collected?
- What can be placed in the bin?
- What about fruit and vegetable peelings?
- What is the membership period?
- Are collections made all year round?
- How much does it cost?
- Does the bin become mine?
- What happens to the green waste?
- I have a big garden, will the bin be big enough?
- Why do I have to have another bin?
- Can I share a bin with my neighbour?
- Can I have an assisted collection for my green waste like I do for my refuse and recycling?
- I am an OAP/unemployed. Are concessions available to reduce the cost?
- How can I pay?
- I have a gardening business - can I join the service?
- Why do I have to pay for this when other councils collect it for free?
- What about windfallen garden fruit?
- Why is there a choice of providers for this service?
- I don't have space for the bin, is there an alternative service available?