Smoking - why quit?
Benefits to your health
Quitting smoking can be hard and can seem very daunting at first. However, giving up can benefit your heath, others health and your lifestyle too!
Benefits to your health include:
- a reduction in the chance of becoming ill, developing cancer, heart and lung disease
- a reduction in circulatory problems, which can lead to gangrene and amputation of limbs
- protection and improvement of your fertility and chances of having a healthy baby
- get your taste back and enjoy food and get the full taste again
- you will find it easier to breathe and feel fitter!
Benefits to other's health due to secondhand smoke include:
- reduced chance of your children developing asthma and glue ear
- reduced chance of those around contracting serious illnesses such as cancer and lung problems
- you will have more energy to do activity with your children!