Development Plan Documents
National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information
National planning policies
Together with local development policies in the North Northamptonshire Core Spatial Strategy (adopted June 2008), national planning policies need to be taken into account when preparing or considering development schemes.
On 27th March 2012 the Department of Communities and Local Government (CLG) published the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF). This single document sets out the planning policies for England on a variety of topics ranging from housing to town centre development. This document replaces the Planning Policy Statements (PPS) and Planning Policy Guidance (PPG).
The East Midlands Regional Plan has now been revoked although can still be viewed here.
Pages in ‘Development Plan Documents’
- 1. Development Plan Documents
- 2. North Northamptonshire Joint Planning Unit
- 3. Core Spatial Strategy
- 4. You are here: National Policies, Communities and Local Government Information
- 5. 1996 Adopted Local Plan
- 6. 1996 Adopted Local Plan - Settlement Strategy Statements - Towns
- 7. 1996 Adopted Local Plan - Settlement Strategy Statements - Limited Development Villages
- 8. 1996 Adopted Local Plan - Settlement Strategy Statements - Restricted Infill and Restraint Villages
- 9. Statement of Community Involvement